The Community Health Network
The Community Health Network operates across the mid community first cluster of Merthyr Tydfil. We aim to improve health outcomes for local people by increasing levels of physical activity and improving understanding of nutrition, weight management and how to prepare low cost balanced meals. Programmes are delivered locally at low or no cost.
- It's the sure safe way to health & fitness
- It's a chance to meet people and make friends
- If you are aged 16 and over you can take part
- You can start slowly and build up gently
THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY OFFICERS lead classes in a diverse range of activities including
- Gentle exercise classes
- Community Gym Sessions
- And more
We deliver classes on cooking on a budget and how to achieve a balanced diet. The Community Nutrition Officer will be delivering community cookery that will provide an opportunity for you to:
- Develop and practise basic cookery skills
- Gain knowledge of healthy eating messages
- Identify ways to eat more fruit and veg in your diet
- Try new foods and recipes / learn how to cook from scratch
- Develop your confidence in cooking
- Build friendships with other community members in the group
- Learn how to cook on a budget
Learn how to cook affordable healthy meals your family will love. All the ingredients are supplied FREE!
Group sessions are being delivered across the cluster to support and encourage you to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
Sessions are for one hour, over an 8 week period and include:
- A free weigh in!
- Help and support
- Learning about healthy eating
- Meeting people from your community
- Healthy Cooking Workshops
- Having Fun!